Thursday 7 February 2013

My 30 Things

Well today's the day - I officially turn 30! So far it's been a fabulous day and I have already received some wonderful presents from my family, including something that will help me complete one of the challenges! I am so lucky to have such wonderful family and friends, thank you to them all for their support and advice over the past 30 years.
Right, so here is the list. I found this so hard to choose as there were a total of 70 suggestions from friends and family and I will endeavour to complete the other 40 before I am 40! I have added the names of each suggestee as well. There is no order these will be completed in - it will be as and when they arise but I hope to keep you all updated with my progress. Some on here are easy and chosen purely because I want to do them, others will prove to be a great challenge. I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I do.

Colour coded: GREEN: Completed  YELLOW: Started

1.   Drink a beer at Oktoberfest (Kim) - Did this when I turned 30 at the Oktoberfest bar at the Winter Wonderland, Hyde Park
2.   Kiss 5 men from 5 different countries (school) - Italian and Englishman down - 3 to go!!
3.   Learn something new (school) - I learnt to play the ukulele
4.   Lick a pig! (Corinne) - completed, changed to an alpaca by Corinne!
5.   Complete a random act of kindness (Erika @EBiddlecombe and Lucy B-S) - Took dog food for the Hedgehogs at Brent Lodge Animal Hospital
6.   Climb a mountain (Amanda and Kirsty and Steve) – Snowdon Climbed!!
7.   Run the Great South Run (@ianaddison and Tom and Emily)  - completed in 1hr 43
8.   Take part in a Guinness World Record Attempt (School) - completed record breaking crowd at The Rugby 7s, Twickenham
9.   Eat a chilli (Hayley) - completed
10. Learn to speak a foreign language (School) - I now teach Spanish to my year 4s
11. Teach reception (school) - completed!
12.  Do a coast to coast cycle ride (@SparkysBaymarco) - completed over two days - 70 miles of hell!
13.  Run 250 miles in a year (Twitter friends)
14.  Confront a worst fear (@Payno04) Held a snake!!
15.   Meet Olly Murs (Lou) - met him and love him more!
16.  Organise/take part in a flash mob (@Blakey09) - completed 'Onesie Roller skating on Bognor promenade!
17.   Find the man of my dreams - I tried! Went Internet dating and appeared on 'Lighty for a Nighty' but to no avail. Met Olly Murs and he is the man of my dreams!
18.    Make a calendar with a photo each month from a different country along with a recipe (Tina M) and then make the recipe (me!) - did and doing!
19.   Try a new sport (Sarah B) – Ultimate frisbee!
20.   Roller skate for 1 mile in a onesie (@huthart44) - completed!
21.   Fly in a hot air balloon (My lovely mum) - not fly but I had a drink in one!!
22.   Visit a TV or film set (Me and Mum) Harry Potter Studio Tour
23.   Sleep on a beach (Erika @ebiddlecombe)
24.    Visit all the places on the monopoly board (Sarah B) - completed! Great day!
25.    Go to the Bingo (Michelle S) - Trents Xmas Bingo!
26.    Stand on the pitch at St James Park (My sister Nicky) - amazing!!
27.    Take a winter dip in the sea (Sarah B)
28.     Hide and seek a geocache (Mum) - completed! Great soggy day!
29.    Appear on TV or in a film (Kim, school, @SparkysBaymarco and Jon C) - several films of my 30 things. Starring role in our end of year Panto DVD and St James!!
30.     Go to a festival (My sisters and Lucy P) - Went to Cowes festival for the first time ever! Also went to several beer festivals and Capital Summertime Ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment